A meal that is quick to put together (though it takes time to cook) and delicious is our go to Crock-Pot Chicken & Sweet Potatoes.
Chicken and sweet potatoes are perfect when we don’t feel like cooking and have some time to spare. The flavors go so well together. My toddler loves it too, which is a huge help. This gives us the 3 of us about 2 servings each.
This recipe is super easy, quick, minimal cleanup, and delicious. Can’t ask for more when it comes to cooking (semi) healthy meals.
For this super easy recipe you won’t need many ingredients or much prep time, you will need it to cook for a few hours though so make sure you have enough cook time.Jump to Recipe
Gather your ingredients: chicken (3-4 pieces, thawed or frozen), sweet potatoes (3-4 large), S&P, brown sugar, butter (I use earth balance #DairyFree).
Once you have everything together you’re ready to get started. When I made this, I didn’t thaw my chicken, it literally went from freezer to crock-pot. I did however use a crock-pot liner. This will help tremendously when it comes to clean-up, but it isn’t a necessity.
Once the liner and chicken are in you can peel potatoes, rinse them, and chop them up – size doesn’t matter here (that’s what she said!). I tend to cut mine into chunks of potatoes. Then throw those around the chicken or right on top of it depending if your chicken is thawed or not.
Coat everything with salt, pepper, brown sugar, and butter. Set your Crock-Pot to high for 4.5 hours.
This actually gives you time to enjoy life (or work). Once it’s done, or you get home shred the chicken with two forks and scoop it out.
Let me know what you think in the comments.
Crock-Pot Chicken & Sweet Potatoes
- 3-4 Pieces Chicken Could use frozen - I did for this recipe
- 3-4 Large Sweet Potatoes
- Brown Sugar
- 5 tbsp Butter I use Earth Balance
- I use a liner in my Crock-Pot and that would go in first. You do not need to do this, but it helps tremendously when it comes to cleanup.
- Throw chicken in. Mine usually ends up in a large frozen ball.
- Peel, rinse, and cut up potatoes. Throw those in all around chicken or just on top of it if your chicken is thawed.
- Top with salt, pepper, brown sugar, and place chunks of butter throughout.
- Set on high for 4.5 hours
- Take two forks and shred the chicken and enjoy